Town of Tilton
257 Main Street, Tilton, NH 03276
Phone: 603.286.4521 Fax: 603.286.3519
Town Hall Office Hours: 8:30 - 4:15, Thursday to 5:30
Transfer Station Hours: Wed 1 - 3 pm, Sat 9am - 1pm
Senior Center Hours: 8:30 am - 1:30 pm, Friday 10 am to 3 pm
Chairman of the Board of Selectmen, Patricia Consentino swearing in Ryan Martin as Captain of the Tilton Police Department on Thursday, December 5th as his family, Chief Cormier and the Board of Selectmen look on.
- Tilton Police Department News
As shown in the picture above, Ryan Martin, was promoted from Lt. to Captain, making him the #2 in command for the department, and a well deserved promotion.
Also sworn in at the ceremony held December 5th, Chief Cormier and the Board of Selectmen welcomed seasoned officer Richard Ort (photo at right) as the newest member of the department.
Also recognized for his 28 years of service, Lt. Richard Paulhus, who receieved a commemorative plaque (photo below right). Lt. Paulhus is retiring at the end of this month and the town and fellow offiers will celebrate his service to the town at his retirement party to be held in Feburary.
- December Senior Center Events
Happy Holidays! I hope that your Thanksgiving was filled with family and friends and many wonderful reasons to be thankful. We have a few events this December that might be of interest. Here are just a few that I want to call to your attention (also please read the December Newsletter):
• 12/9 at 10 am. Seasonal Card Making Class. Come make holiday cards with Coral Theberge. Follow the example provided or use your own imagination. All supplies are provided free of charge. Please bring a pair of scissors.
• 12/11 at 10:30 am. Monthly Cooking Class. Join Chef Joe Jesseman as he explores creative strategies for cooking for one or two individuals. 10:30 am. RSVP to 527-8291.
• 12/17 at 11:30 am. Annual Holiday Dinner and Yankee Swap. Please join us for a wonderful meal of stuffed chicken and all the fixings as we celebrate the holiday season with a Yankee swap. To reserve your space for lunch, please sign up by 12/10 by calling the center (527-8291) or signing up when you drop by. To participate in our Yankee Swap, please bring a wrapped holiday ornament with you to lunch. Please don't spend more than $5, and if you have one that you already have enjoyed and want to pass along, even better. It doesn't have to be for a tree--just something that will bring a bit of holiday cheer to it's new owner.
Have a wonderful holiday season.
Sarah Paratore, Director
Tilton Senior Center, 527-8291
- Planning Board Members Needed
The Town of Tilton is looking for new members to join the Planning Board in improving the quality of the community. Currently the town is seeking several new members and alternate members for the Planning Board.
The Planning Board meets at least twice a month on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. at the Tilton town hall. The town is encouraging residents to be an active member of the community and sign up today.
Anyone interested in being considered or who would like more information, fill out this form and contact the Board of Selectmen's office at 286-4521 ext 100 or email the Board of Selectmen.
- Park Maintenance Request for Bids
The Town of Tilton Parks Commission is requesting bid responses for Parks maintenance for 2014. Bids responses have been extended to December 13th at 4pm.
- Tax Rate up 11 cents to $20.25, town portion down 13 cents
The Board of Selectmen announced the 2013 tax rate due December 20th. The Town of Tilton's finance director, Tim Pearson, has written a citizen's guide explaining the tax rate which is available here. The components of the tax rate follow:
Entity 2013 2012 Town 6.55 6.68 County 1.29 1.35 School local 8.02 7.82 School state 2.44 2.40 Fire District 1.95 1.89 Total 20.25 20.14
- Keeping Tilton Clean
Attention Tilton Residents - want to make our state roads cleaner and more attractive while and at the same time control the growing cost of litter removal?
The State has a program to sponsor highways.
Also, NH the Beautiful is a unique organization offering anti-litter programs for communities. See the NH The beautiful flyer for more information.
Also, there is a new littering ordinance effective May 9th, 2013.
- Beware of utility scams
Please see the attached document concerning marketing for lowering your utility costs. IT CONTAINS HELPFUL QUESTIONS TO ASK if you are approached by marketers. And please note that there may be some scams going on. Please pay attention to the phone number if you have caller ID, it could help to identify unauthorized marketing and scams. Courtesy of EngAGING NH from: http://www.puc.nh.gov//
- Timber (Yield) Tax Procedure Changes effective 1/1/2013
There are new timber (yield) tax procedure changes which will go into effect on January 1st, 2013. Please read the Department of Revenue's notice.
- Driveway permits are required for paving work
Please note that a driveway permit is required if you repave your driveway. For more information, please contact the Land Use office at 286-4521 ext 105.
- Notice regarding Lot mergers
NOTICE -- If you own real estate lots that were involuntarily merged by municipal action, you may be able to have those lots restored to their pre-merger status. Your property may qualify if two or more lots were merged for zoning, assessing, or taxation purposes and the merger occurred:
- During your ownership, without your consent; or
- Prior to your ownership, if no previous owner consented to the merger.
To restore your property to pre-merger status, you must:
- Make a request to the local governing body
- No later than December 31, 2016.
- Your properties will once again become separate lots; however, they must still conform to applicable land use ordinances. Restoration does not cure non-conformity.
This notice must be:
- Posted continuously in a public place from January 1, 2012 until December 31. 2016. and
- Published in the 2011 through 2015 Annual Report.
Read the full statute at RSA 674:39-aa Restoration of Involuntarilv Merged Lots.
- Business Registrations and Occupancy Permits
As of March 2011 Zoning Regulation 10.4 was adopted to require new businesses coming in to town to register their business and to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy prior to the opening of the business. All existing businesses are also being asked to register their business with the town. Please use the attached form for registering your business. This will help the town to compile a list of businesses in the Town of Tilton for the town web site.
- Landlord Affidavit
Per RSA 540:1, the following affidavit is required to be filed with the Town Clerk. There is a fee of $15.00 per affidavit. For more information please see the RSA definitions.